Blackmores Peritone 84 tabs
Blackmores Peritone contains ingredients traditionally used in the relieve the symptoms of constipation.
Features and benefits
· Formulated for effective morning response to 'before bedtime dosage'.
How it works
Cape aloes and cascara are the laxative herbs in this formula. The active constituents of these herbs are anthraquinone glycosides. These constituents are traditionally known to stimulate peristalsis, which is the contraction of the smooth muscle of the bowel. This action promotes evacuation and thus helps to relieve constipation.
Adults - Take 1 tablet with a full glass of water with main meal and 1 tablet before bed, or as professionally prescribed.
Children – Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications & Cautions
· Do not use during pregnancy and breast-feeding
· Do not use if abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
· Overuse (excessive doses and/or duration of use) may lead to dependence and/or fluid and mineral depletion
· Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems
· Always read the label. Use only as directed
· If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
· For ongoing management of constipation it is recommended that bowel regularity is improved by including plenty of water and fibre in the diet, and regular exercise.
Overuse may decrease absorption of nutrients and oral medications due to increased speed of transit through the intestines.
Active ingredients per tablet
Aloe ferox (Cape Aloes) leaf inner juice powder 120 mg
Rhamnus purshianus (Cascara) extract
equivalent to dry bark 140 mg
Zingiber officinale (Ginger) root powder 20 mg
Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom) fruit powder 5 mg
Peppermint oil 300 µg