Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops 30ml
Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops is a high potency, well tolerated liquid form of Zinc for cost effective flexible dosing for all age groups. Zinc is an important trace mineral essential for healthy hormone production, immune function, skin health and growth and repair.Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops Benefits
- Zinc is an important trace mineral for all New Zealanders due to soil depletions
- Zinc is an essential trace mineral and is a component in over 200 known enzymes in the body
- Zinc is a powerful antioxidant and helps protect against free radical damage
- Zinc may assist in wound healing, sensory function, sexual function and skin health
- Supports healthy immune system function during susceptible times
- Zinc is essential for the proper action of hormones such as insulin, growth hormones and the sex hormones in both males and females
Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops Features
- High potency zinc in liquid format for enhanced absorption and utilisation in the body
- Well tolerated form of zinc suitable for a wide range of age groups including children
- Zinc sulfate provides a quality form of zinc
- Liquid format provides cost effective flexible dosing
- Safe and well tolerated
- Can be taken alongside conventional medicines
- Suitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
Active Ingredients:Active Ingredient in 5 drops:
Zinc (sulphate) 5mg
Also Contains: deionised water and methyl hydroxybenzoate.
Dosage:Mix with water or juice.
Adults: up to 11-15 drops per day.
Children and adolescents (9-18 years): up to 8-15 drops per day.
Children (4-8 years): up to 5-12 drops per day.
Children (1-3 years): up to 3-7 drops per day. (NB: highest daily dose reflects safe tolerable upper level for each age or the maximum permissible over-the-counter dose in New Zealand (15mg)).
Extended Information:Q. If I can taste the zinc in the zinc drops does that mean that I have high levels of zinc?The zinc in the Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops is very concentrated, unlike the zinc in the Clinicians Zinc Taste Test solution. If your zinc levels are very low or you could not taste the zinc in the Clinicians Zinc Taste Test solution - you will still taste the zinc in the Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops if you do not dilute it with water when you take it. Q. Can I take it alongside a multivitamin? Yes, a daily multivitamin can be beneficial to fill dietary gaps, and ensure an adequate intake of key Vitamins and minerals to support everyday health. Q. Why is Clinicians zinc in a liquid form?Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops is in a liquid to allow for cost effective flexible dosing for the whole family as the recommended daily intake (RDI) varies depending on age. You may wish to take Clinicians MultiVitamin & Mineral Boost alongside Clinicians Zinc Oral Drops to fill dietary gaps and ensure adequate daily intakes of key nutrients to support everyday health and wellbeing. If you want to test your Zinc levels visit your local Clinicians stockist and ask to try our Clinicians ZincTest Solution.
The beneficial effects of zinc are extensive due to the fact that zinc is involved in over 200 enzymes and biological processes in the body. Zinc is found in every cell in the body and is essential for the proper action of many hormones in the body, such as insulin, growth hormone and the sex hormones in both men and women. In men zinc supports male sex hormones, prostate health and fertility. Zinc is essential for protein production to support growth, repair and wound healing. Adolescents and the very young can use up their zinc stores during rapid growth spurts.Although severe zinc deficiency is rare, marginal deficiencies are common due to poor dietary choices and zinc being deficient in New Zealand soil. The elderly, adolescents and the young being more at risk. Zinc deficiency may present as white spots on finger nails, loss of sense of taste and smell, poor night vision, delayed wound healing, skin problems and an increased susceptibility to infection.