Kruschen Salts 100g
Salt has had a shaky old time in the popularity stakes over the years. What was once a highly prized commodity to our ancestors “table salt” is now often viewed as the evil culprit behind many modern health ailments. On the other hand, we’ve also witnessed the wellness world herald the health benefits of Himalayan, Epsom & sea salts (to name a few!), so we are increasingly aware that salt can have profound benefits beyond just making our food taste better! And now, there is a new salt star on the block…Kruschen salts.
So what exactly are Kruschen salts, and why are they swiftly gaining popularity by health-conscious consumers?
Kruschen salts comprise of a number of active ingredients including;
- Citric Acid
- Magnesium Sulfate
- Potassium Chloride
- Potassium Iodate
- Potassium Sulfate
- Sodium Chloride (table salt)
- Sodium Sulfate
Although they may sound like a new “buzz” health concoction to some of us, Kruschen salts have actually been used for centuries for their numerous health benefits. When salt lost favour there for a while, Kruschen salts beneficial properties were not actively promoted. However, their great health benefits cannot be ignored people are increasingly including these salts into their daily health regime!
Benefits can include;
- They can aid digestion
- They can help to keep bowels regular
- They may reduce muscle and joint pain and cramping
- They are a good dietary source of the important mineral, iodine. Because of their high iodine content, the salts can help balance thyroid hormones. The thyroid gland is important for growth, brain development, and for helping to maintain your metabolism. Iodine is essential to ensure that the thyroid gland works normally.
- They act as a cleansing and detoxifying tonic for the bowels and body as a whole
- They can increase alkalinity in the body. Encouraging a more alkaline body over an acidic body means we are less likely to get sick due to an impaired immune system.
One of Kruschen salts most esteemed properties is that they greatly aid the body’s detoxification processes. With the toxic bombardment that our bodies are subject to on a daily basis, we cannot underestimate the importance of assistance to help pour bodies cleanse.
The salts are generally regarded as safe to consume, however caution must be taken by those who are advised to be on a low-sodium diet. As always, it is best to check with your health practitioner before making any significant dietary changes by way of supplementing with foods or medicines.
As is becoming more and more evident, salt is more than just a flavor jump-start. Kruschen salts are helping shake up the way we view salt…for the better!