Golden Seal 500mg 100 caps
Nature's Sunshine Golden Seal 500mg Capsules 100 Benefits:
- Golden Seal provides an unfriendly environment for bacteria. It is said to soothe the mucous membranes that line the respiratory, digestive and urinary tracts.
- Because demand for the herb is high and supplies are low, Golden Seal is one of the most expensive herbs on the market. For this reason, many herb suppliers are tempted to adulterate supplies of Golden Seal with other herbs of similar chemical composition, such as Oregon Grape. However, only Golden Seal contains the alkaloid hydrastine. Nature's Sunshine boasts the technology and expertise needed to test Golden Seal for hydrastine - thus ensuring a pure, unadulterated supply of this valuable herb.
- Contains hydrastine and berberine alkaloids.
- Supports the immune system.
- Provides an unfriendly environment for bacteria.
Dosage: Adults: Take 2 capsules with a meal twice daily.
Active Ingredients: Per 2 capsules
Golden Seal Root & Rhizome (Hydrastis canadensis) 1000 mg
Extended Information: Golden Seal - acts as an astringent, producing a vasoconstricting tightening of the blood vessels effect. This action is due to the presence of an isoquinoline alkaloid called hydrastine, which also stimulates the autonomic nervous system. Golden Seal is believed to have a long-term effect (2 months) on intestinal flora. Individuals may wish to rotate golden seal with a friendly bacteria supplement such as Lactobacillus acidophilus. Golden seal is high in vitamin C and trace minerals including cobalt, iron, magnesium, manganese, silicon and zinc. It also contains vitamins A, E, and the B-complex, as well as calcium and potassium.